Respiratory Therapists APPLY NOW
8440 SE Sunnybrook Blvd Suite 208, Clackamas, OR 97015
24 - 30 usd /
General: Sleep Technologies Respiratory Therapists are responsible for assessment of patient/client needs and the selection, instruction, and troubleshooting of appropriate equipment and/or services provided to meet those needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives and documents the order for equipment and/or services from the referral source, physician, patient/client, family member, or caregiver.
- Collects additional information and/or authorization as needed.
- Assesses the need of the patient/client and the best choice of equipment and/or services to meet those needs. Involves the patient/client and/or family, caregiver in the selection process.
- Instructs patients/clients in the proper use and care of equipment according to the written policies and procedures for that equipment.
- Communicates with the patient's/client's physician on changes in patient's condition and/or needs and carries out adjustment to the patient's/client's Plan of Care/Treatment.
- Tracks and maintains follow up on preventative maintenance and scheduled visits for respiratory therapy equipment assigned to clients.
- Assists with scheduled visits of clients receiving oxygen therapy as needed. Completes patient/client accounts paperwork, including Plan of Care/Treatment and assessments.
- Acts as a liaison between the company and the patient/client, family, caregiver, physician, and other healthcare agencies and staff on the case.
- Conducts, participates and attends educational meetings and seminars for healthcare workers, patients/clients, families, care givers, physicians, and interested community members on areas of need.
- Assists with arrangement of necessary referral to community agencies or for those traveling, to assist in continuity of care.
- Develops and implements discharge plans for agency patients/clients. Assumes full responsibility for their actions, professional skills, and attitudes.
- Supports the organization by being loyal and informing the manager of areas of concern and problems to be resolved.
- Keeps cognizant of third party reimbursement, criteria services, billing, patient/client paperwork and equipment offered.
- Rotates on call with staff clinical specialists Assumes other duties as assigned, within scope of training as assigned by the Respiratory Therapy manager and/or Company Directors.
Environmental Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The RT work environment involves the everyday risks and discomforts typical of such places as an DME warehouse, patient residence or commercial delivery vehicle. You must be capable of using safe work practices with regard to moving home medical equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of OSHA regulations, fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additionally, you must possess the following attributes:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Possess basic mechanical skills, especially those related to troubleshooting respiratory equipment.
- Ability to get in and out of the delivery vehicle without trouble.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Must have willingness and ability to work extended workweek, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, dispatchers and other staff. Safely loads equipment in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with Policies.
- Must be available to rotate on-call with other field service staff.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program.
Clinical experiences and/or home care experience in the field of respiratory care. Thorough knowledge and skill related to DME field. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people to result in constructive working relationships. People-sensitive characteristics with a genuine desire to help others. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.|||8440 SE Sunnybrook Blvd Suite 208, Clackamas, OR 97015|||||||||aklWI05GnnIBK4W2|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||24|||30|||true